Friday, July 9, 2010

Oh Crap -- There Goes the Bathroom

Maybe the title is redundant. Well, it finally happened. After 27 years, the shower in our bathroom started leaking--about 6 months before we planned our all out reconnaissance and assault on the bathroom. After considerable discussion (code word for bitching), hubby took the old sledge to the walls, and presto, freaking dust all over the house again!

I was hoping to hold out and win HGTV's ugliest bathroom contest, but I have seen others that would win hands down. My title was, "Help, my bathroom's caught in the eighties!" Guess it wasn't catchy enough.

The interesting part of the demolition is that the foundation for the huge Roman tub that has been housing all the paper products that Costco has to offer, showed no sign of "The Rot". Even the shower that leaked must have just sprung the leak. Now the fun starts in wrangling and cajoling about tile, tub, counter tops, windows, paint colors, shower panels. I have an idea what I would like to have, now it's just a matter of designing for the sexes. (Meaning--I do NOT want a shower that looks like a car wash.)

It's so much fun, I think if we survive this one we are good to reach our 50th!

No comments: