Sunday, November 30, 2008

Surviving the PARTY!

Thank dog, it's over. The whole "I'm old and I get to plan my own party, but you and your sister get to do all the crap for it" party. As expected only a smatering of the guilty and true showed up to make it a memorable occasion. Wouldn't it be a pity if the honoree had dimentia, then we would have to do it over, and over, and over.

I put on my best game face, but thoroughly delighted in seeing my two lovely nieces, whom I hope have either resolved themselves to, or forgiven the fact, that I have been and am really absentee in their lives (sort of like the outline of the person on facebook-your's for the viewing--if you dare). Maybe it is a blessing, since too much of family that can take you adrift from what you want is need, is really counter productive to peacefulness and harmony with the phases of the moon.

Anyway, the day is over; the holiday is now defunct; and it's time to get back to work. Wahoo, turkey left, too.

No comments: