Monday, June 22, 2009

How DOES Your Garden Grow?


It has been one heck of a Spring, in more ways than one: but have the time to just sit nad let the world go by has been a treasure, albeit, a life saver. Although I thought that I would be a home body by now, the economy and life threw me a few nasty curves and left me to fend for myself in the world of the working. A DOG, to ram home a point, made the weather last few months almost unsurpassable in temperate and seasonability. Throwing me a bone, DOG gave me a change to get a jump on all the planting and digging that I didn't have time for last fall, and showed me an abundance of color and grace.



As I have lamented on a regular basis for the last few months, that all I want to do is go home to my garden, my co-workers did not understand until I brought in an armful of English roses, and saved a picture to my computer desktop. The picture is my chant, my ommmmmmmmm that keeps me from crawling under my desk and refusing to come out.



The late evenings that I spend outside remind me of the endless hours that my sister and I spent outside playing, refusing to come in; and the many hours that we spent sitting up in bed backwards, leaning against our headboards, and gazing out the windows into the late dusk of the summer evenings, Whistfully listening to the other children still outside playing.

No comments: