Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to the Salt Mines

What a frickindoubletastic time I had not being at work for a few days. The usual blast furnace weather turned mild, and I was able to do things around the humble abode and work on much delayed projects for my family. Nothing, but nothing gets the day going as hearing your husband sledgehammer tile out of a bathroom. Before you know it, maybe in a year or two, I will have cleared away the layer of mastic dust on the horizontal surfaces in the house.

I guess that's the price you pay for marrying a jock--a lot of activity, but not much prior planning. Before you know it, maybe before my youngest graduates from university, I will have new floors. Sounds like two reasons for a party. Anyway, we have the "big one" coming up this weekend and next, so we will grab a little peace and quiet before the storm. Will take an extra large double strength garbage bag this weekend in case Grandma gets out of hand, or gets into a tangle with a local at the park. Thank DOG the dancing festival is over. I can just see her waltzing and tripping her partner with her four-prong cane.

We will enjoying rekindling our relationships with family members, and happy that they are safe and well, and hope that this doesn't happen for another 25 years. Peace and Love. Don't let Uncle ____ pinch your hiney or slip you tongue.

No comments: