Friday, August 21, 2009

Olefactory Reality

I was sitting on the sofa enjoying a little down time. Suddenly, I had the greatest urge to fart. Bllllllllp! "Whew, I thought, that's not going to be nice." Then immediately, "What the hell. Was this the best come-to-Dog realization that I would have in my lifetime? When has a fart been "nice'". I mentioned my realization to my husband. "I guess some are worse than others," he said. "Yeah, but when is a fart ever nice?" I asked. "Get my point? Yours can peel the paint off the wall. They should sell the stuff to the military, and we can bring everyone home from the Middle East!"

With that, we laughed--a lot. Can you imagine if the kids were home? They would be wondering what was so freaking funny, and once they learned it was Bathroom Humor, would probably call up to get us both assessed and signed up for the Old (Farts!) Home.

Later that evening in bed, my husband pre pre-warned me, (he normally says "oh oh"); but this time he said, "This is going to be bad, very bad." "Thanks", I said. "Yeah," he said, "It makes the one this morning almost 'nice'."

I could have slugged him, but I was running to put on the ceiling fan.

No comments: