Tuesday, October 13, 2009

To Market, To Market, To Buy.....


I think that tomorrow may be the first day that I will find Quince at the market. Last season I bought only a few that I put in a pear tart, but this year I plan to make enough Membrillo to last a while. The manchego and Iberico hiding in the back of the cold drawer have declared that they won't come out until the fresh rosemary crackers are ready. The blackberry jam that I put up this summer is sans seeds, so the texture has remained that of aspic and gelee. (All have indicted that the absence of the seeds has made digestion a lot less challenging.) The spreadable sweets with the dryness of the cheese coupled with a favorite sparkles almost makes working worth while.


If I saute a few Wolfsen's to go with, I think that I just might coax the sun out just one more time this weekend. What heaven. Tart and sweet, smooth and crisp. Maybe a few raspberries to make everyone smile, and a little Bette Midler and Alan Jackson.

No comments: