Thursday, January 21, 2010

Heart Palpitations and Falling In Love


Returning from Sam's Club yesterday, I confronted and confessed to my husband that I fell in love and almost swooned at what I saw. "How bad was it?", he inquired. "Awful", I responded. "I am so sorry. I have no self control."

"Do you think that it will happen again? Are you strong enough to fight off the urge. This has happened before, and last time you said that you would try to fight the urge!" he exclaimed.

"I know. I can't help it. It was the opportunity and the situation that just got to me." I countered. "It was raining and gloomy out, and it made me smile and gave me some hope!" I almost sobbed (trying to emphasize my despair).


Realizing that he was being too hard on me, he followed me out to the truck. "Tell me about it. I need to know. We can talk about it."

I pulled open the doors to the extend cab. "Right there!" I said, "Peonies, and Spectabilis, and Caladium. I just couldn't fight the urge. I am not strong. I can't take it. Just look at them. All I have to do is wait for enough of a winter respite and I can start them in the greenhouse. I had to bring them home."

My husband patted my shoulder. "It's okay," he said. I guess that I can take you straying this time." I am forgiving once again. He forgave me last week, too, for the eight bags of potting soil.

He doesn't know that within three weeks, five English bare root roses should be sitting on our front door steps, like orphan children, waiting to take over the vacant area behind the pool. He won't even see it coming........Maybe if I can beat him home after work......................

No comments: