Sunday, January 31, 2010

Now, this is cool. It must be the Full Moon

With the arrival of what has been our brightest moon of the year, so has the Sun! Yesterday, I started the big dig for the roses and think that I will either need to procure help from the family or take out my handy mattock (which scares the begeeus out of the men folk), and attack the area my self.

The house and garden are starting to look like I am preparing for a siege. Eight huge bags of potting soil, bags of chicken manure, boxes of summer bulbs, solar light, and zip lock packages of seeds, make it appear that I am ready when the klaxon goes off. Am I ever! The bulbs go into pots this morning and the seeds will have to wait a week. Last year, the greatest success I had with beans was when I put a bag of soil in the wheelbarrow and dumped in a package of seeds!

Trucking down the stairs on my way to V-8 and tea, I came eyeball to eyeball with last years visitors. The Sun must be enticing everyone, even the Duh are back; and they look like they are from one of last year's broods. They are both really moving on collecting sticks and building a nest; and if this is for real, we should have little Duh babies March.

Can I call them Grandduh?

No comments: